4 January 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR! New Years Resolutions





HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Did you also get that text from a mystery number on New Years. Who is that person?! Then you would feel bad asking who they are. What an awful start to their year that would be. So they just remain anonymous. Nothing like a puzzle to start the year off is there.

§

I must start the new year with an apology about my absents towards the end of last year. I lost two very special family members, which was and still is completely heart breaking. But I'm very lucky to be surrounded by wonderful people who are helping during this difficult time.

As I look back over last year ... It was bloody horrible. And no Facebook I don't want to look at my year in review, please stop reminding me. A lot of the bad things that happened weren't in my control. I think I need something to distract myself so let's be a sheep and set myself some New Years Resolutions. There are parts of my life I need to improve in so I'm going to do it. New year ... new distractions, as it were. So I've set myself six New Years Resolutions. Let's see how I do ay?

§

1. Take More Photos
If there's one thing I've learnt this year, it's how important photographs are. Not just from an art perspective, but from a personal, family point of view. I started organising our family photos into albums and it's wonderful to look back through them. Whether they're 100yrs or 10yrs old it's wonderful to see the family through the years. Also looking at photos of family that are no longer here I find really lovely. So I must carry on taking photos for the future. Not only taking them but organising them, digitally and in print form. I will not be printing them self. Never again. 'Printer fury free since 2013'.
I must update my Instagram more often too. Bad Lucinda!

2. Go Outside More
When your job involves working from home, like myself, sometimes you forget when the last time you went outside was. Or what birds sound like. Or if the seasons have changed ... Where did Autumn go? WHO SAID THAT?! ... I jest, but I really should get some fresh air more often.

3. Learn to Cook 
Now this is something I should have got to grips with a long time ago. After a burnt my self in a food technology class about 10 years ago* I've always been extremely cautious of all hot appliances and scared I'd burn myself again. I still don't like the oven but I've but I'm actually starting to cook food for myself! Well I've learnt that sweet potatoes are versatile and taste good. So if you looked at my Pinterest and wondered why I'm so obsessed with sweet potatoes ... It's the first thing I've learnt how to cook. So this resolution is in full swing. Progress! Anyone want sweet potatoes?

4. Write More
Here I am, I'm doing it! I've really enjoyed this blog since I started and have had some wonderful feedback. I felt my writing really improved since going to university and I didn't want to stop since graduating, so I started this blog. I plan to do a lot more blogging and writting this year. Huzzah!

5. Exercise 
Hmmmm. This one. The one I've struggled with for years. My trouble is I get too enthusiastic, end up over doing it and injuring myself. Then once I've recovered I forget to start over again. So I'm going to exercise, but start slowly. My slow start has gotten underway with me looking at the ASOS sale for Niké trainers. See ... slowly. I had a go at jogging last year. By jogging I mean using the wii sport and jogging on the spot in the lounge. I was still jogging!? Just didn't see much of the world. See I can now combine exercise and going outside. 2015, the year of doing things!!

6. Play Instruments More
I really enjoy music and I should really play more often. I play the guitar, started on the ukulele and dabble at the piano. Oh I sing a bit too, I guess that counts. But I really should play more as it's great fun and a good release. All together now, Fa La La LA la la laahhhh!

§

So there's the six I have set myself. That should keep me occupied. I know that resolutions rarely work out but I hope at least one or two of these will. Maybe this time next year I'll report back and see how this went. So I hope you had a great New Years Eve/Day and I hope 2015 treats you well.

Happy New Year!

Lucinda x

* Bloody hell, 10 years ago!


Twitter | Instagram | Flickr | Pinterest | Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment